How do you unlock the value in your organisation’s data?
Data is everywhere, and the ability to unlock its value is what differentiates successful businesses from mediocre ones.
Therefore, it’s key for today’s business leaders to understand the opportunity that data science provides, have sufficient knowledge to manage data science teams and use data insights appropriately.
But where do you start?
Data Science for Business Leaders is a course that provides business leaders with an introduction to data science. Starting with describing what data science is, the course will guide the business leader’s thought process of describing how data scientists work, the algorithms they use and the approaches they follow. The course will also discuss how to structure data science teams and the governance processes that should be followed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to discuss the following topics with peers and stakeholders:
What is data science?
How is data science ‘done’?:
- Scientific methods (e.g. supervised vs unsupervised vs reinforcement learning)
- Sample methodologies: Overview of the most common techniques
- Ways of working: How to effectively use Agile with a data science team
- Common pitfalls when developing a data science solution
Implementing data science in your organisation:
- Organisational approach to a successful data science capability
- Governance processes for risk mitigation
- Development and application of data science
- Common pitfalls when starting a data science team
Value and risk of data science for your organisation:
- Upside potential in your organisation
- Common risks
Use cases: a collection of practical use cases for you industry, with examples for each